This soft and beautiful silk hemp fabric is woven from a blend of silk and hemp fibers. It has all of the wonderful qualities of silk being soft and having a loose drape, and all of the qualities of hemp, strength and durability. Created by waxing by hand with my unique Vortex pattern, and then spending an hour in a sage green dye bath, followed by lots of boiling and washing to remove wax and excess dye. A one-of-a-kind piece of fabric.
- extra wide yard measures 56" by 36"
- preshrunk and colorfast
- silk hemp is soft and easy to hand stitch like silk
- hemp contributes durability and strength to this fabric
- hemp is a sustainable fiber that can be grown without pesticides or herbicides
- undyed fabric is whitened with peroxide, not chlorine bleach
- Ideal fabric for fiber arts. The silk hemp is easy to manipulate and hand needle for piecing, weaving, or applique
- hand dyed in smoke free studio; fragrance free detergents used
Please contact me with any questions.
Most of our items are in stock and will ship within 24 hours. If an item is made to order, the description will state this and give an estimated time to shipment. You will receive an email following your purchase confirming your order. We will send you an email when your item ships and will include tracking information at that time. Below are expected shipping dates by collection for MADE TO ORDER items:
Questions? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Product||Ship within days after purchase|
|hand dyed indigo fabric||2-3 days|
|embroidery linen||2-3 days|
|hemp silk||2-3 days|
|hand dyed napkins||5-7 days|
|tea towels||2-3 days|