Combining batik with botanical indigo is a unique textile process that creates gorgeous variations in hues and visual textures. This motif is called Petal Pop.
I applied an interlocking petal design onto the cloth with melted wax. I then dipped my fabric in an indigo vat many times, until I obtained a deep blue hue. To remove the wax, I boil the cloth in soapy water. This removes the wax effectively, while at the same time, making the cloth colorfast.
You will receive the exact fabric photographed.
- 100% hemp fabric; linen weave
- measures 18" by 18"; perfect for throw pillow!
- easy to hand needle for embroidery, fabric art
- made with botanical indigo, not synthetic
- batik made using american grown soybeans
- fabric is preshrunk and colorfast
- wash by machine on gentle cycle, air or machine dry
- pls. email me at email@example.com with any question
Most of our items are in stock and will ship within 24 hours. If an item is made to order, the description will state this and give an estimated time to shipment. You will receive an email following your purchase confirming your order. We will send you an email when your item ships and will include tracking information at that time. Below are expected shipping dates by collection for MADE TO ORDER items:
Questions? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Product||Ship within days after purchase|
|hand dyed indigo fabric||2-3 days|
|embroidery linen||2-3 days|
|hemp silk||2-3 days|
|hand dyed napkins||5-7 days|
|tea towels||2-3 days|